Sunday, March 23, 2008

SPA 2008


I have just returned from attending the BCS Software Practice Advancement annual conference (SPA2008). It was my first visit to this conference and found it a very interesting and stimulating few days. As with many conference programmes, there is always too much to try and attend, so I tried to stick with the sessions about architecture or languages I knew nothing about (in this case there were sessions on Python and Erlang). I even got the chance to try my hand at running a BoF session on Metrics which were useful , which resulted in an interesting discussion on a number of metrics which weren't very useful! After each session, there is always valuable discussions with fellow attendees; in many cases there was further opportunities to explore the topic further or to perform some further personal research.

Over the next few days, I will post my summaries of the various sessions and keynotes that I attended together with some further thoughts.

No comments: